The course of study for M.A. M.Sc., M.P.A., M.B.A. degree hereinafter referred to as
Master's degree shall normally extended over four semesters. A Master's degree will be
awarded for passing a minimum of 60 Credits. A course of one credit shall mean one hour of
lecture or three hours of Laboratory work per week.
The courses of study and
syllabi for various degrees of University shall be submitted by the respective Board of
Studies/Board of Faculties to the Academic Council/Syndicate for approval. Such courses
and syllabi shall become effective from the date of approval by the Syndicate or such
other date as the Syndicate may determine.
- At the beginning of each semester, a student shall register in
the course(s) being offered by the department on prescribed registration form.
- A student shall normally be required to register for courses
of 15 credits in a semester. However, the department of a Department may allo ster all the
registration cards to the controller of the examination.
- A student may change or drop course(s) or convert a credit
course into a non-credit course, or viva voice, within 15 days from the date of
commencement of a semester on the recommendations of the teacher(s) and the Chairman of
the department concerned. The chairman of the department may allow registration change or
drop of courses after the due dates subject to the payment of late fee.
- No registration or change of course(s) shall be allowed after
22 days from the date of commencement of the semester.
- No drop of course(s) or change of non-credit course, or of a
credit course to a non-credit course shall be allowed after 30 days from the date of
commencement of the semester.
The courses of study and syllabi for the M. Phil degree
shall be submitted through the respective Board of Studies and Faculties to the Academic
Council and Syndicate for approval. Such courses and syllabi shall become effective from
the date of approval by the Academic Council or as may be Prescribed.
- The requirements for the M.Phil. degree shall normally be
completed within four consecutive semesters.
- The requirements for the M.Phil. degree shall comprise Course
work and Dissertation.
- The course credit shall normally be completed within the first
two semesters. The course requirements for each department shall be 24 credits.
- Dissertation of 26 credits based on research shall normally be
completed by the end of the fourth semester.
- A course of one credit mean one hour of s.
- The chairman of each department shall forward within seven
days of the commencement of the semester classes all the registration of courses
cards to the Controller of Examinations. The JAL can change/drop course(s)within fifteen
days from the date of commencement of semester on the recommendations of the teacher and
the Chairman of the Department concerned.
- A JRA must register in at least 50% of the credit courses in
the first semester and the remaining credits in the second semester.
- All applications received in the department shall be
scrutinized for eligibility by the Chairman of the Department in consultation with
- The applications of eligible candidates shall be considered by
the Department admission committee which shall be constituted by the Vice-Chancellor.
- The admission Committee, when satisfied, shall recommend to
the Advanced Studies and Research board, the names of candidates who are found suitable
for studies leading to Ph.D. degree.
- The admission shall be approved by the Advanced Studies and
- A "notification of registration" for each candidate
approved for admission to Ph.D. course by the Advanced Studies and Research Board shall be
issued by the University.
- Each student so selected shall be required to register within
30 days from the date of issue of the notification of registration, failing which the
admission of the selected candidate shall be deemed as cancelled.