Admissions are opened twice a year for this course normally in January and
August. The University shall call for this admission applications through proper
media each year. M.Phil program shall be open only to persons selected as Junior
Research Assistants by the University. To be eligible for selection as a Junior Research
Assistant, a candidate:
- Must have good character.
- Must have obtained 1st division in M.Sc./B.Sc.
- Should not have obtained 3rd division in B.A./B.Sc. or M.A.
- In case of a 3rd division in F.A./F.Sc. the candidate should
have obtained 1st division in both B.A./B.Sc. and M.A./M.Sc.
The application forms
can be collected from Manager, Bookbank/Book Shop of the University by
paying a fee of Rs.100/-. Those wishing to apply shall have to submit properly filled-in
admission application forms to the admission office of the University by the last date
advertised for such a purpose.
Eligibility Criteria for this course is:
Physical, Organic and Inorganic/ Analytical M.Sc.
degree in relevant subjects from any recognized
- Candidates who have studied Mathematics in M.Sc. or
B.Sc./F.Sc. will get preference for admission in physical and Inorganic /Analytical
Each JRA shall be selected on the basis of cumulative merit to be determined from
previous academic record and written and oral tests. The allocation of marks for
determining merit shall be as follows:-
- Table showing distributions of marks allotted to the academic
record shall be as under:
Distributed according to % of marks obtained
- The selection of each JRA shall be approved by the advanced
studies and research board after a candidate has qualified in the written and interview
conducted by the Selection Committee of the department concerned.
- The Selection Committee for each Department shall be
constituted by the Vice-Chancellor in consultation with the Chairman of the Department.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CANDIDATES:
- In case of incorrect information/concealment
of facts, University will have the right to refuse/cancel an admission or expel a student.
- Copies of the following documents should
accompany the application:
- Matric Certificate.
- Intermediate certificate and Detailed Marks
- Bachelor's degree and Detailed Marks Certificate.
- Master's degree and Detailed Marks Certificate.
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended.
- Domicile Certificate of the Candidate.
- No Objection Certificate (in case of in-service candidate).
- I.D. Card of Candidate.
- Originals must be produced later, when required.
- Foreign students must route their applications through the
Ministry of Education, Government of Pakistan.
- M.Phil program shall be open only to persons selected as
Junior Research Assistants by the University.
- The requirements for the M.Phil. degree shall normally be
completed within four consecutive semesters.
- The requirements for the M.Phil. degree shall comprise Course
work and Dissertation.
- The course credit shall normally be completed within the first
two semesters. The course requirements for each department shall be 24 credits.
- Dissertation of 26 credits based on research shall normally be
completed by the end of the fourth semester.
- A course of one credit mean one hour of s.
- The chairman of each department shall forward within seven
days of the commencement of the semester classes all the registration of courses
cards to the Controller of Examinations. The JRA can change/drop
course(s) within fifteen
days from the date of commencement of semester on the recommendations of the teacher and
the Chairman of the Department concerned.
- A JRA must register in at least 50% of the credit courses in
the first semester and the remaining credits in the second semester.
The following Application Forms are not yet operational but in near future you
will be able to apply through them. This
form should be printed and filled
in triplicate and submitted before the due date and according to the procedure laid down
by the University for that purpose.
for more information about admission procedures