B.A. (Political Science), University of Punjab, Lahore,
M.A. (Political Science), University of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
Ph.D. (Political Science), University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
- Politics of Revolution, War and Resistance in Afghanistan.
- Indian Ocean and the Superpower.
- China and Pakistan.
- Director, Area study centre for Africa, North & South
- Elected Member Academic Council, Quaid-i-Azam University
- Vice Predident, Academic Staff Association, Quaid-i-Azam
University Islamabad 1988-89.
- Senior Warden, Quaid-i-Azam University, 1986-88.
- Member Board of Trustees, American Institute of Pakistan
Studies, USA, 1991-1994.
- Membe Board of Governers, Area Study Centre for Europe,
University of Karachi. 1995-1998.
HONOURAS AND AWARDS:
- Fulbright Visiting Scholar, Wake Forest University,
Winston-Salen, NC., 1997-98.
- Quaid-i-Azam Distinguished Professor of Pakisttan Studies,
Southern Asian Institute, Columbia University, New York, June 1991 - July 1994.
- International Fellowship for the Development of Soviet studies
by the joint committee of the American Council of Learned Societies and the Social Science
research council, 1989-90.
- Rockefeller Foundation International Relations Fellowship,
- IGCC Fellowship for International Security and Arms Control,
University of California, San Diego, June/July 1985.
- Post-doctoral Fellowship, Hoover Institution, Stanford
University, Fall 1985.
- University of California Regents Fellowship, 1981.
- Gold Medal for First Position in M.A. Political Science by the
Punjab University, 1973.
Diploma in Spanish from the National Institute of Modern
Languages (NIML), Islamabad.
M.Sc. in International Relations, QAU Islamabad.
M.A. in International Relatoins with a focus on economic and the Latin American
region, from the school of advanced international studies (SAIS), The Johns Hopkins
Ph.D. in Latin American Studies from the institute of Latin American Studies
(ILAS), The University of Texas at Austin.
HONARARY POSITIONS HELD:
- Secretary, Fulbright Alumni Associate of Islamabad, 1995.
- Co.-President, The institute of Latin american Studies Student
Association (ILASSA), 1987-1988. Helped in all aspects of organising the annual
international conference: advertising the conference, selection of participants,
assignment of panels, appointment of discussants, arranging home stay accommodation, etc.
- President, Student Committee, International House, Washington,
D.C. Elected for two consecutive terms.
- Head girl Station School, Rawalpindi.
- Grant to attend the intrnational conference "The Post
Cold War European Order and South Asia" organised at the Marriot, Karachi 30-31
October 1995 by the Area Study Centre for Europe, University of Karachi, and the Hanns
- Fellow at the Salzburg Seminar, January 1995.
- USIS Islamabad sponsorship of a two week research and lecture
visit to American Studies Research Centre, Hyderabad, India and the Jawaharial Nehru
University, New Delhi, India.
- USIS, Dhaka spomsorship for first American Studies Regional
Conference in Ghaka, Bangladesh.
- Grant by ACELAC/CALACS to attend its Annual conference, Oct
22-25, 1995 at the University of Ottawa, Canada.
- The Fulbright Travel Ony Grant For travel between Islamabad
and Austin, Texas 1986 and 1992.
- ILAS Travel Grant, 1989, for four months research in Mexico.
- Felowship, Area Study Centre for Africa, North & South
B.A. (Hons), Karachi University.
M.A. (History), Karachi University.
Ph.D. (History), Miami University, Ohio, USA.
FIELDS OF SPECIALIZATION:
American foreign policy: 20th century America.
Canada:Politics and foreign policy
Pakistan-Canada Relations, 1947-1982.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Reciepent of American Research Fellowship of the Council for
the International Exchange of Scholars, Washington, D.C.
- Dissertation Fellow, Miami University.
- Four times reciepint of Miami University's Graduate Student
- Reciepent of Research Grant from the Harry S. Truman Library
(Independence, Missouri), Dwight D. Eisenhower Librarry (Abilene, Kansas), and Lyndon B.
Johnson Library (Austin Texas).
M.Sc International Relations (QAU), Islamabad.
MA-International Studies MIS (General Program).
Level & 2 of Business administration.
Word Perfect and Word Star.
- Quaid-i-Azam University Merit Scholarship, QAU Islamabad.
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office Scholarship, United
B.A. Political Science, History (Punjab University), Lahore
M.Sc. South Asia and Theory of international Relations (QAU Islamabad)
M.Phil QAU Islamabad.
- Islamic theory of International Relations.
- Pak-Us Relations: The post Cold War Phase, Pakistan Journal of
American Studies, Summer and Fall 1996.
- Islam and Democracy.
CURRENT AFFAIR DIGEST:
- Pakistan: the Karachi crisis April 1996.
- Ejectoral Reforms: The system of Dual Voting April 1996.
- Pakistan: The Domestic Scene June 1996.