Ph.D program shall be open only to persons holding the following qualifications:
- An M.Phil degree or its equivalent degree in the relevant
subjects from a recognized University.
- A college/University teacher or a member of the research staff
of a research organization who has shown undoubted promise for research and holds
M.A./M.Sc. degree, may be recommended by the Admission Committee for admission to Ph.D.
- After Successful completion of two semesters, a student
registered for M.Phil degree may be recommended by the Admission Committee to the Advanced
Studies and Research Board for transfer to Ph.D. program, provided that the student has
completed two semesters in course work, obtaining overall aggregate of 75%. Such transfer
shall be effective from the beginning of 3rd semester but the time spent by M. Phil.
students (course work) shall be counted towards residence requirement for Ph.D. program.
forms can be collected from Manager, Bookbank/Book Shop of the
University by paying a fee of Rs.100/-. Those wishing to apply shall have to submit
properly filled-in admission application forms to the admission office of the University.
- The application shall be submitted to the Chairman of the
department in which the student wishes to pursue his studies.
- All applications received in the department shall be
scrutinized for eligibility by the Chairman of the Department in consultation with
- The applications of eligible candidates shall be considered by
the Department admission committee which shall be constituted by the Vice-Chancellor.
- The admission Committee, when satisfied, shall recommend to
the Advanced Studies and Research board, the names of candidates who are found suitable
for studies leading to Ph.D. degree.
- The admission shall be approved by the Advanced Studies and
- A "notification of registration" for each candidate
approved for admission to Ph.D. course by the Advanced Studies and Research Board shall be
issued by the University.
- Each student so selected shall be required to register within
30 days from the date of issue of the notification of registration, failing which the
admission of the selected candidate shall be deemed as cancelled.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CANDIDATES:
- In case of incorrect information/concealment
of facts, University will have the right to refuse/cancel an admission or expel a student.
- Copies of the following documents should
accompany the application:
- Intermediate certificate and Detailed Marks
- Bachelor's degree and Detailed Marks Certificate.
- Master's degree and Detailed Marks Certificate.
- M.Phil degree and Detailed Marks Certificate.
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended.
- Domicile Certificate of the Candidate.
- No Objection Certificate (in case of in-service candidate).
- I.D. Card of Candidate.
- Originals must be produced later, when required.
- Foreign students must route their applications through the
Ministry of Education, Government of Pakistan.
- The period for completion of Ph.D. program shall be counted
from the date of registration.
- The minimum period for completion of Ph.D. program shall be
three years whereas the maximum period shall be six years.
- A Ph.D. student may be required to complete course work of
upto 24 credit hours if he does not hold a M.Phil. or equivalent degree.
- A Ph.D. student shall be required to pass a comprehensive
examination (written as well as oral) before the submission of his thesis. If the student
does not pass the comprehensive examination in first attempt he may given one more chance
on the recommendation of his Supervisor.
- The registration of Ph.D. Student shall be deemed as cancelled
if he does not pass the comprehensive examination even in the second attempt.
- After passing the comprehensive examination but before the
submission of his thesis, a Ph.D. student will give one seminar on topic relevant to his
field of research.
The following Application Forms are not yet operational but in near future you
will be able to apply through them.This form should be printed and filled
in triplicate and submitted before the due date and according to the procedure laid down
by the University for that purpose.
for more information about admission procedures